Melise has been climbing for almost a decade, focusing mostly on bouldering with occasional spurts of trad and sport climbing. She manages a neuroendocrinology lab full time, volunteers and serves on the board of directors for the nonprofit Vertical Generation and hopes to go back to school for a PhD in neuroscience this year.
- Lifetime climbing goals? To enjoy climbing for as long as I am physically able.
- Dream climbing trip/destination? South Africa!
- Do you have a spirit animal? Beyonce.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? If I’m being selfish, it would be to play to cello. Otherwise, I’d love to learn how to build or create technologies that would aid the scientific community in some way.
- If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you would do? Give money to my parents and sister, donate to my favorite organizations, and spend my life in school and educating others about everything from neuroscience to systemic inequality. I would easily try to do an MD/PhD program if money wasn’t an issue.